Running RAC@Solaris under Veritas Cluster?

  • From: "Zhu,Chao" <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:14:32 +0800

hi Guys
    We were doing POC for RAC(sorry we are very late in technology
deployment and indeed we don't have strong need for RAC so far as we split
database when server running out of capacity) and our storage guys insists
on using Veritas Cluster (guess VCS has less learning curve for them?);

   To me it does not make sense to use Veritas Cluster software as oracle is
merging all cluster management to its CRS and it makes easier to manage in
the longer term, and I believe it is the oracle stategy and also industry
common practise;

   I am writing to to the list to ask for your opinon, and how does your
company run RAC?  Is there any major reason to use third party clusterware
instead of oracle's own which is free (bundled in RAC optino)?
   Thanks.

--
Regards
Zhu Chao