Re: Running Oracle and SQL Server on the same box

Niall Litchfield wrote:

On 1/11/06, *Paul Drake* <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    or a 7th grade science class "if a closed room has a refridgerator
    running with the door left open, will the room temperature
    increase, decrease or stay the same".

    In both cases, the power company wins and the (system entropy)
    room temperature increases.

In the interests of science I should add that this is not in fact theory. We ourselves performed this experimentally with some servers, an (almost) closed room and a portable aircon unit that didn't in fact vent hot air outside the room as we had been led to believe, but rather just piped it into a sealed ceiling space within the room.:( It was oracle6 on SCO though so probably a mercy killing.

[...]

Ooh. Oracle on SCO. That (shudder) brings back some memories... Or more accurately, recurring nightmares. Did you ever have to install it from floppy disks? (Oracle7 for SCO was about 150 floppies, as I recall...)

I just *love* listening to people whine about the imperfections of recent versions of OUI... ;-)