Re: Run command on sqlplus repetitively without reconnection

  • From: "Philip Douglass" <philipsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wolfson Larry - lwolfs" <lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 20:23:16 -0400

From the ksh man page:
    <&p   The input from the co-process  is  moved  to  standard input.

So, what this is doing is starting up a cat with the co-process attached to
its STDIN, so that the output the co-process produces is output to the
screen.

The sqlplus arg is a plain forward slash because I have an OS authenticated
(OPS$) account. If you use /nolog then you will need to have the
authentication embedded in the script, something I prefer not to do when
possible, especially for DBA accounts (like mine!)

as for:
       print -p -- '/'
I expect that when a single sql statement is run, a forward slash will
execute it again, and again, and again... If the script you are executing
has more than one statement that you want to loop over, then it would be
appropriate to change that to @$1 of course.

On 5/23/07, Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Philip,

   1)  Can you explain this syntax, that is exactly what is happening
here?
cat <& p &

    2) to get this to work on Solaris I had to change this line
from
sqlplus -s / |& # Open a pipe to SQL*Plus
sqlplus -s /nolog  |& # Open a pipe to SQL*Plus

    Thanks
    Larry Wolfson