Re: Rolling incremental backups & Compressio

  • From: "John Darrah" <darrah.john@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: valentinminzatu@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:57:36 -0600

It does not roll the copy foreword by using archive logs, it takes
incremental changes from the datafiles and applies them to the copy.  You
are correct though, they cannot be compressed.

On 6/11/07, Valentin Minzatu <valentinminzatu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  As far as I know, 'BACKUP INCREMENTAL LEVEL 1 FOR RECOVER OF COPY' rolls
forward the image copy by applying the archived redo logs to the backup
image - pretty much like a physical standby - and it is not stored as a
separate backup, so you cannot compress it. You may want as a safety net to
create additional backup sets which can be compressed.

Valentin