Re: Rolling Upgrade for RAC- Urgent Help to create some alternative

Hi Sanjay et al,

Probably I'm too late... anyway.

My scenario would be
- create a new ORACLE_HOME for RDBMS, patch it (hopefully you don't
forget about appropriate PSU) and transfer the software to all other
nodes as a fist step out of maintenance window. You can register this
new home in the OUI's repository (opatch help).
- then you can change ORACLE_HOME in CRS for database(-s), start one
instance on any node and upgrade the dictionary. As you have 5 nodes,
you can upgrade up to 5 databases in parallel each on its dedicated node
;-).

HTH

-Andrey

Sanjay Mishra wrote:
> Is is feasible. I had 5-Node Cluster where I had upgraded CRS as well as
> ASM  to 10204 from 10203 but now need to upgrade RDBMS home to 10204 as
> well as 5 Databases.
... skipped