RE: Rollback waiting on 'cache buffer chains' latch - SOLVED

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:34:17 -0500

Not sure if I followed the steps exactly, so did you issue the kill -9
first?   The point being that I believe it is best to kill the oracle
session first with alter system -- and background processes can clean up
better.

If you did the session first, then disregard.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
x72546