RE: Rollback waiting on 'cache buffer chains' latch - SOLVED

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 02:02:48 +0800

Maybe PMON failed to hand the rollback of killed session's transaction over
to SMON properly, maybe got in some sort of loop. And being in this loop it
couldn't move on to clean up the v$process entries.

But yes, I've been also in similar situation - where the decision to bounce
the instance has been done quite quickly. Better to have whole instance up
in determined amount of time than having the instance in partially working
state for undefined period of time (and perhaps having to bounce it
eventually anyway).

Tanel.