RE: Rollback waiting on 'cache buffer chains' latch

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Andrey.Kriushin@xxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 18:48:05 -0500

The assumption is that it's on the CPU or waiting it's turn in the
runqueue.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which shouldn't be
done at all.  -Peter F. Drucker, 1909-2005

From: Bobak, Mark [mailto:Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

If STATE is not 'WAITING', then you're not really waiting on that event.

attachments hereto. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do
not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to
the official business of this company shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.