From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Tanel Poder
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 23:23
To: VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx; 'ORACLE-L'
Subject: RE: Rollback per transaction %:73 %?

Rollbacks per transaction % is calculated using "transaction rollbacks /
transaction rollbacks + transaction commits" formula I think. As this is a
ratio, we need more info like how many transactions did you have during AWR
sample period.

There is also the question how much do those rollbacks affect your
application response time... which is not trivial to find out as the
rollback generates similar wait events as normal processing (physical reads,
log file sync's and CPU usage).