RE: Rman user response

  • From: "Sweetser, Joe" <JSweetser@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:11:42 -0600

Isn't prompting for an answer the default?  I must be missing something.
Should be relatively easy to handle a question/answer "up front" if you
can wrap it in a shell script.

RMAN> delete obsolete;

RMAN retention policy will be applied to the command

RMAN retention policy is set to redundancy 1

using channel ORA_DISK_1

Backup Set           3078673 24-MAR-10

  Backup Piece       3078723 24-MAR-10

Backup Set           3078674 24-MAR-10

  Backup Piece       3078724 24-MAR-10

Do you really want to delete the above objects (enter YES or NO)?