RE: Rman restore from backup on disk

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:00:52 -0500

Yes, thanks.   I am interested.

I guess I'll just do it a couple times... but of course in this case,
once I restore to a new server, I can get the data I need and destroy
the database.

I'll look into it further, but there are some things about RMAN like
this one that are starting to look not as easy.  (like SETing the
database name, and file locations in the trace file, mounting and
opening, thus restoring on same server with existing DB).

P.S.  Exports are presently not being done on these due to space
restrictions -- which I believe will not be permanent.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
x72546