From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of J. Dex
Sent: Jueves, 04 de Agosto de 2005 08:09 a.m.
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Rman backup archivelogs

How do you make rman backup the necessary archivelogs and then delete them
when they are no longer necessary?

I am new to rman.  One book that I read says you have to do this by putting
"backup archivelog all"; in your script but doesn't mention how to delete
when they aren't necessary.  Then someone else told me you don't have to put
anything in a script, you just set CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG BACKUP COPIES FOR
DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1;

I am rather confused at this point.