Re: Restore Readonly Tablespace Via Partial Clone

  • From: Bob <orcl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 08:28:46 -0400

Hi, Im running behind, but my experience is , including undo and opening the db via partial clone, will corrupt the datafiles . Just system and sysaux.
bob

Andrey Kriushin wrote:

Hi,
the easiest way to learn what to do about READ ONLY tablespaces and their files is to ask RBDMS itself.

Mount the database using binary controlfile from April 7 backup. Issue
ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE;
ORADEBUG SETMYPID
ORADEBUG TRACEFILE_NAME

Check the trace file named in the last command. Carefully check where the names of READ ONLY tablespace datafiles are placed. Do they appear in CREATE CONTROLFILE statement? So by now you'll have a working example.

BTW, I've not noticed any UNDO tablespace. Did you just forget about it? You'll need SYSTEM, SYSAUX and **UNDO** when recreating controfile.

HTH
- Andrey

-- "Oracle error messages being what they are, do not highlight the correct cause of fault, but will identify some other error located close to where the real fault lies."