Re: Resources for tuning DW (star_transformation fact) queries

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <somckit.khemmanivanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:17:37 -0500

I always look for some type of summary functions  in the where clause
ie.
where orderdate = (select max(something) from blah where a. = b. )
and then rewrite as analytical.

look for same statement being called over and over and rewrite as with
clause

look for joins which are used just to get a lookup value and rewrite as
in-line selects.

look for things obviously not right. like outerjoins with where conditions
on the outer-joined table,or functions in the where clause
ie
select *
from
a.blah, b.blah