RE: Reserved word? or not?

  • From: "Clarke, Andrew" <andrew.clarke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Howard Latham" <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:52:48 +0100

>  Er isn't that SQL not PLSQL?

Fair point well made.  However, wrapping it in PL/SQL doesn't seem to make any
difference....

SSQL> r
  1  declare
  2      language my_table_ext.language%type;
  3  begin
  4      for lrec in ( select * from my_table_ext ) loop
  5           language := upper(lrec.language);
  6          if language = 'BABEL 17' then
  7                  dbms_output.put_line('Hello Tarek');
  8          else
  9                  dbms_output.put_line('Hello world');
 10          end if;
 11      end loop;
 12* end;
Hello Tarek
Hello world

SQL>

So I think it must be something peculiar in the specific details of Jack's
program.

Cheers, APC

A P Clarke
Software Architect