Replication technology suggestion

  • From: Sandeep Dubey <dubey.sandeep@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:02:00 -0400

Hi,

We are developing an application using Oracle database. The
application will be deployed at multiple sites. Here is what we would
like to do:

1. Replicate data from each databases to a single central secondary
site. It will be many to one replication meaning many databases will
be sending the data to a single database. This secondary site, call it
as backup site is used as DR solution.

2. In case any primary database is down we would like to use the
secondary database to become primary. We are not planning 24 by 7
solution. But in case of long outage we would like to serve from
secondary site if possible.

3. Secondary site may be a primary site for some deployment while
serving as a backup site for other deployments.

Currently I am evaluating using MV or streams. We haven't used Data
guard so far. Will only consider if the purpose can't be achieved by
MV or Streams.

Please suggest!

Thanks

Sandeep