RE: Replication - Trigger

  • From: "Paul Harrison" <cure@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle Freelists'" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 15:19:19 -0500

I got it

From: Paul Harrison [mailto:cure@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 1:01 PM
To: 'oracle Freelists'
Subject: Replication - Trigger

Hi All,

I setup one way replication(Source -> Destination).  I created a
trigger(destination only) on a table that exist within Source and
Destination database. I created the trigger on the destination database for
audit purpose.

For Example, If I insert into table 'A'. This will replicate from the source
to destination database and invoke the trigger on the destination database.
The trigger will write the values to an audit table. I want the trigger to
be invoked whenever the apply process applies the changes to table 'A'.

I ran the following code on the Destination database but it did not work.
Meaning, the apply process did not invoke the trigger.

trig_owner => 'SCOTT',

trig_name => 'MYSQ10_AFTER_INSERT',

   fire_once    => FALSE);