Re: Renaming / deleting listener.log and alert log

  • From: Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Paul.Vincent@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:16:00 +0530

Paul,
I used to do this while my db is up and running but I have never deleted or
renamed the log file. When the size of the log is more than say some megs
then I used to open the file and cut the information say of few months back
and paste in another file saving the original alert.log file. I am not sure
if it can be renamed or deleted while the db/listener is up and running.

--
Thanks & Regards,
T. Onkar Nath