Re: Remotely stopping an Oracle 10g instance on window 2000

  • From: Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BranimirP@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:05:05 -0400

On 5/16/05, Branimir Petrovic <BranimirP@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> net start/stop is not "network aware" (works as expected only
> on local system).
> For stopping/starting services on remote system you use:
> or NETSVC.EXE if you have access to Win Resource Kit.
> Branimir

psexec.exe is also useful for this purpose.
Some of the antivirus software products identify the pstools suite as malwa=
If psexec.exe is in the path, it could be leveraged to execute arbitrary co=
Best off to not have such tools in your %PATH%.

> >... We are using backup exec to do weekly cold backups and wanted
> > to know how to remotely stop and start the database from the backup
> > server. I have attempted using sc and net start/stop to remotely
> > stop the services without success...

#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
-- f=3Dma, divide by 1, convert to moles.