Re: Remotely stopping an Oracle 10g instance on window 2000

On 5/16/05, Branimir Petrovic <BranimirP@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> net start/stop is not "network aware" (works as expected only
> on local system).
>=20
> For stopping/starting services on remote system you use:
>=20
> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psservice.shtml
>=20
> or NETSVC.EXE if you have access to Win Resource Kit.
>=20
> Branimir

psexec.exe is also useful for this purpose.
Some of the antivirus software products identify the pstools suite as malwa=
re.
If psexec.exe is in the path, it could be leveraged to execute arbitrary co=
de.
Best off to not have such tools in your %PATH%.

Paul

>=20
> >... We are using backup exec to do weekly cold backups and wanted
> > to know how to remotely stop and start the database from the backup
> > server. I have attempted using sc and net start/stop to remotely
> > stop the services without success...

--=20
#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
-- f=3Dma, divide by 1, convert to moles.