Re: Remote DBA

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:10:08 -0700

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Andy Klock <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I also like Matt's glass half full definition of "ticket closer". The
> ability to prioritize and work tickets is an important (and not easy) skill.
>  However, I've been using that same nickname for years, but in a
> more derogatory way.  There are some DBAs (but this mentality affects
> developers too) who will take the path of least resistance just to be able
> to close a ticket. And close many of them.  For example:

Playing Devil's advocate here: In defense of ticket closers I would have
to say that they have likely been trained to do that.

Management likes it, and employees are rewarded for doing so.

What matters most is that there are no Red or Yellow bars on the
open tickets chart.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com