Re: Recover Tablespace?

  • From: Vitalis <vitalisman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:44:52 +0200

On 4/12/05, Bryan Wells <bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> we are playing with Tivoli trying to recover a tablespace from a snapshot
> that was backedup earlier. because i am continually in learning mode, im
> trying to find a way to recover a particular tablespace, one i created fo=
> this experiment, back to the state at the time of the snapshot. im trying=
> find docs on how to recover the tablespace. does this become a point in t=
ime
> recovery, where the point in time is the snapshot? or is it an entire
> database recovery resetting the logs?
>  Oracle 9iR2 on W2K AdvSvr
>=20
> --
> Bryan S Wells - DBA Newbie
> bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx
>=20
> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
>=20

Hi Brian,

You cannot perform a point-in-time recovery of a tablespace by issuing
simple "restore" and "recover" commands over this tablespace. You'll
need an auxiliary database for that.
Have a look at "Performing user-managed TSPITR" or "Performing RMAN
TSPITR" in the documentation.

Regards,
Jerome