Re: Recompile remote objs

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a system that is deployed to the field.  It is used by maintainers,
> not dbas.  Say I have two servers A and B.  The maintainers work on A that
> will access objects on B.  The maintainers don’t access B directly.  How do
> I tell them to run utlrp.sql ( or some other procedure ) to recompile on A
> but it also recompiles objects on B that A accesses.

What exactly does this bit mean:  "The maintainers don’t access B directly."

There must be some access created to B that allows them to compile any
invalid procedures.

The most likely scenario seems to be a stored procedure on B, that can be
accessed from A.

If there are objects on B that are already accessed by B, there must be a
database link of
some kind, implied or explicit.

From a session on A, the admin would just execute the remote stored
procedure.