Re: Rebuild table

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:52:08 +0200

On 22/06/2011 03:47, Michael Rosenblum wrote:
Extra 2c. I would suggest as a possible solution already mentioned ALTER TABLE ... MOVE, but fired twice:
- first, move everything to completely different tablespace
- second, move it back where the data belongs
- rebuild indexes
To be fair, I don't exactly remember the real case, but sometimes ago (Oracle 10g R2 on Win32) this double-jump solved my space allocation problem, while single operation was not not giving me what I wanted.

Yes,
this happens when the default initial/next (for dmt) or uniform (for lmt) size is big.
Bear in mind that in that case although the space allocated could be large,
the HWM is reset (and a full table scan, for example, actually reads only up to the HWM).

Dimitre