RE: Rebooted servers and then ASM does not bring up

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:52:57 -0400

>> When very little information is input, very little useful information
is likely to come out.  <<

Oh, so true let we still see a fair number of posts where the full
Oracle version is not mentioned, Oracle error messages are not posted,
and no explanation of what was done prior to running into the posted
issue is provided.  The problem exists not just here on the Oracle-L
list but on metalink forum posts, on OTN, the comp.databases.oracle.*
newsgroups, etc ....

I could argue that working with inadequate information is good training
for young DBA's because it does not get any better on the job.

-- Mark D Powell --