RE: Real-time Apply in DataGuard

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 09:36:12 -0700

I just tested this - filled up my archive destination on the standby server -
and the primary is continuing to hum along with no problems.  I did get
ORA-19504 errors in the alert log on the standby (below), but no errors on the
primary.  I think the key difference is that my database is running in max
performance mode and I think yours was running in max protection mode so I'm
glad to see that max performance is working as designed and not halting the
primary database.

Fri Oct  8 09:03:41 2010
ORA-19504: failed to create file "/baanprd/oraarc/1_298_724152171.dbf"
ORA-27044: unable to write the header block of file
IBM AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 28: No space left on device
Fri Oct  8 09:03:41 2010
Primary database is in MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE mode

Regards,
Brandon