From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Peter Hitchman
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:15 AM
To: oracle-l
Subject: Really annoying change to 11.2 sqlplus

Hi,
Letting off some steam here.
I just moved a Oracle client to 11.2, having done a set of tests with
JDBC, PERL DBI, sqlplus etc etc. So far one shell script has had a
problem, because it used the "-F" option with sqlplus, which has
disappeared in the 11.2.0.2.0 version. Searching MOS I find that the
"-F" was only ever there to workaround a bug whereby sqlplus was not
failing over in a RAC situation and now that the bug is fixed the
option is no longer needed. But the person or persons involved could
of least just changed sqlplus to ignore the option/print a
"deprecated" message, instead of removing it as a valid option so that
the result is the usage message!

Regards

Pete