Re: Real-life PL/SQL these days ...

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:27:13 -0700

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> There are some good ones, but they are hard to find. What makes it harder
> is that pl/sql developers tend to make less than DBAs. So the smart ones
> migrate to DBA work so they can get better compensation. This is not always
> the case, but quite common.

I've known a few.

Here's one:  http://awads.net/wp/

I personally know a couple of other local folks that are quite good
with PL/SQL.  I've also known some that are not so good.

The problem here is not just developers that aren't good at PL/SQL,
it's developers that aren't good at development, regardless of language,
platform or database.

Some folks have carved out the wrong niche for themselves.

Jared Still