RE: Reading a file# that doesn't exist

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrey.Kriushin@xxxxxxxx, tim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 19:22:34 +0800

GTT reads are still done into buffer cache as you might want to reuse the
temp table data multiple times. Thus GTT reads from temp tablespace will
still show "db file scattered/sequential read" as their waits.

There's a TEMP flag in v$bh for identifying which buffers are temporary thus
need no redo for their changes.

In example below the temp tablespace is TS# 3:

SQL> select temp,ts#, count(*) from v$bh group by temp,ts#;

T        TS#   COUNT(*)
N          1       4905
Y          3       1014
N          0       9514