Re: Read Only Tables

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 07:48:26 -0800

How is it better?

What if I have a set of tables used to configure an application,
and the total space used by those tables is 1 megabyte.

Once the config is set, don't allow any changes to it by making
the tables read only.

There's not much benefit to be found by putting them in a
read only tablespace.  This is particularly true with apps
that assign tablespaces and expect to find the tables where
they were originally placed.

It is also much less work.

Jared

--