Re[4]: 2 Node RAC Standby -- A mix of Managed Recovery and Read only?

  • From: Kamus <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 20:22:39 +0800

the extra downtime is not the only risk.
Image that if ur standby site has a disk failure (one archived log file
is damaged), but at office time, u even don't try to recover these
archivedlog, so u can't get any information from standby's alertlog said
something is going wrong. then later at afternoon, you get a primary
site failure ...

--
Kamus <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>

éäå1Gçéçïæèçæåää:-)
A Oracle8i & 9i Certified DBA from China