Re[3]: Thanx -> ORA-01159 during controlfile recreate ?

  • From: "Prem Khanna J" <premj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 23 Jul 2004 13:10:18 -0000

Many  thanx to Hemant for the cautious points
about restoring from hot backup.
>> Dennis Wrote :
>> I feel you are really close to resolving your
>>issues and once you've mastered this technique
>>you will find it is very valuable in the future.

Thanx a ton ...Dennis for ur reply and
 piece of advice. that keeps my morale high.

my DBF files are from cold backup and "alter database backup controlfile to"
was done on DEV01 and i don't know why
one file was missing in it .

as Dennis said, i have to crosscheck it hereafter.
that would be foolproof.

anyway, i will have to repeat this task again later.
let me be cautious then.

ORACLE-L -> what a lovely place to learn :))

Thanks & Regards,
Prem