Re[2]: Quick question re outer joins

  • From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lex de Haan <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:34:54 -0400

Friday, July 23, 2004, 4:59:57 AM, Lex de Haan (lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
wrote:
LdH> indeed -- just start with "select ename from scott.emp" to get 14 rows,
LdH> and then outer join with scott.dept -- I am pretty sure you'll see 15 rows.
LdH> not sure whether you are talking about the left, right, or full outer join,
LdH> though ...

We really need to know what direction Nuno is talking about.

Nuno, any chance you can post an example?

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are
http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one
article on Oracle technologies per month by
email. To join, visit http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/oracle-article,
or send email to Oracle-article-request@xxxxxxxxxxx and
include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.