Re[1] : "SET UID" not set for oracle executable ?

  • From: "Prem Khanna J" <premj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 12 Aug 2004 05:54:47 -0000

Hi Stephen,
>It is possible in your broken case that oracle was started by >somebody in
>dba group, but not actually oracle; and your dba group probably does >not have
>write permission on the files.

in my case ORACLE executable is owned by DEVDB01:DBA
 and started by the same user . it was working fine for
these many days. perhaps the SUID has been changed by
someone else recently. not sure of it though :|

hi Velikanovs,

>Prem do not rush to change ID-s.
>One question here: Which user you are trying to use for startup DB?
>As far as I know, there are practise to use not ORACLE users for DB >within
>eBS environments.
>I recall the files owner is dev.. user, from your prev. postings.
>Who is ownere of Oracle software?
>Can you try to startup db using dev.. user ?

i did not change the SUID explicitly :(

Thanks for your support guys.i will watch hereafter.

Regards,
Prem.