Re: Re: what's mean of "enqueue hash chains" latch?

  • From: "biti_rainy" <biti_rainy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "eygle" <oracle.unix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 12:14:42 +0800

hi,eygle

  i think the  'enqueue hash chains'  looks  like the  'cache  buffer
chains',oracle often  use  * hash table +  list * to  manage  resource.
enqueue  resources would be  put on the  list   blow  some hash  bucket.
so ,i  am  not  sure whether the  parallel  process's  locks are  all put  on
the  same  list. if  they  always  on the same  list ,you  would  not  use
parallel insert.  if  not,you  would increase the _enqueue_hash  to a  prime
number.

there is  my  9i  database:
sys@OCN>select INDX  from  x$ksppi where  KSPPINM = '_enqueue_hash';

      INDX
----------
        82

sys@OCN>select KSPPSTVL from  X$KSPPSV where indx =  82;

KSPPSTVL
177

sys@OCN>show  parameter   dml_locks

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------
dml_locks                            integer     312
sys@OCN>show  parameters  enqueue_resource

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
enqueue_resources                    integer     532
sys@OCN>

Best regards

msn: biti_rainy@xxxxxxxxxxx
a dba from alibaba(china)