** Re: shareplex

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:40:49 -0800 (PST)

Bill,
    Thanks for help. Thanks also to Rakesh and Vishal.
  I could not find the forum in quest site. I did finally find the config file
in vardir directory.

  I am going thru the manuals. If someone knows any documents for shareplex
setup and checks or  basics like in metalink documents then please let me know.

  Thanks

Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I believe that the Quest site has a forum for Shareplex. I don't have the
link handy at the moment, but it shouldn't be to difficult to track down.

  Regarding the config file itself, I am running Shareplex on Windows 2003
server, and a config file does exist at the OS level. Where it exists will
probably depend on who installed the Shareplex software, mine lives at
D:\SharePlex\vardir2101\config. It can be installed anywhere, so your best bet
would be to start the sp_ctrl program and then do a 'show config'. Mine shows
'Check D:\SharePlex\vardir2101/log/newmrds_config_log for details.', so the
first part will probably be where you can find the config directory or file.
BTW, the file itself can be called anything, you may want to check all text
files to see what they are.

--
-- Bill Ferguson

  On Dec 14, 2007 12:58 PM, A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi,
  Is anyone aware of any shareplex forum. I have question about config file. Is
the active config file stored any place on the server? Or do I need to create
config and edit config. The manual does talk about create config but no
information available if it is stored. Thanks for help.