RE: Re: redo logs

I'm 99.42% certain that all the logs in a log group must be the same size. My play database is misbehaving today, so I can't test it out. Logically having logs of different sizes in a group makes no sense as the log switch has to occur at the group level (all logs must switch at the same time), so you would be constrained by the smallest log in the group anyway.

You can have different sized logs across groups, which enables you to add
larger/smaller logs to the database.

Oracle should not let you drop a log/log group that is either active or not
archived (if you are archiving)