Re: Re: another failed attempt at database independence

  • From: "Rick Ricky" <ricks12345@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: srinivas.chintamani@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 11:03:31 -0400

the consultants aren't necessarily paid that much. Accenture or IBM may
charge you $350/hour, but use someone they got off the job boards and pay
them $95,000/year. The consultants may be making less than you. Consulting
is basically just glorified temp work. There are not alot of true expert
consultants(like some of the people on this list). Oracle charges $400/hour
or more for people I can tell are just average. They are not paid anywhere
near what they cost.
just go look at dice. IBM who does alot of this high end high priced
consulting is always hiring. They have advertisements up all the time. I
know from calls with Accenture that they don't pay anything special.