Re: Re: another failed attempt at database independence

Here is the latest pearl of wisdom

  They want us to put in our Vendors in capitals and Employes in mixed case
  so we can tell them apart.

  After I stopped laughing, I said we had these new things in the database
called descriptions and flags and then went on to say... I often mixed up
Briggs and Stratton for two employees that work for our company.

  After I saw they weren't laughing... I did explain why you want your vendors
in mixed cases for reports.

  It just keeps getting better and better.  I think I could supply Dilbert with
about a year's worth of material from just this last two weeks along.

  Kathy

Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
        GROAN!!!!!

Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com (Oracle Press)

    From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
To: wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 18:00:00 -0700 (PDT)
  Not just the government.

  We had EBS "expert" tell management we had to install mailx to send email and
attachments that 12i couldn't do it.  I spent alot of time fixing Workflow and
getting the email to work for our "expert implementators" then document the
process for our "experts"

  Don't get me wrong, there are alot of good people out there.
  I blame management or decision makers for not checking their facts and living
by buzzwords.

LOL!

I had to do the same thing a few months ago.

Consultants could not get the workflow mailer to work.

I located the ML document with instructions to set it up, the doc is very well
written and the
procedure is pretty simple.

When working through the doc, it became apparent why the mailer didn't work.

The consultants had typed in the example input, word for word!

Things like  domain name:  "mydomain.com"

I kid you not.

Needless to say, 10 minutes later it was all working.

--
Jared Still