Re: Re: OpenWorld

I've gone to Oracle Open World on average ever other year for the last 20.
For me it's felt harder and harder to locate good presentations not to
mention negotiate the crowds and connect with interesting people. To connect
with interesting people at OOW, I'd  track down Mogens Nørgaard and where
ever he was, usually Chevy's,  I found a good crowd. He's attracted such a
crowd that last year he set up "Oracle Closed World" at Thirsty Bear
restaurant, less than a block from the conference. At this years OOW, Oracle
Closed World will again be at the Thirsty Bear, and I'm happy to be helping
to buy extra beer and t-shirts via Embarcadero's co-sponsorship! Look
forward to interesting technical presentations and much merriment.

 Unlike OOW,  conferences like HOTSOS have so many good presentations that
I'm often conflicted as to which track to see. Similarly MOTS,
http://michiganoaktable.intuitwebsites.com/, looks to me just as good at
HOTSOS. I'm excited to be going to MOTS as well as presenting on Visual SQL
Tuning (last minute decision so I'm not on the website).
MOTS at $750 is also less than half the price as OOW which  looked to be
over $2000 when I looked at the web site a few days ago. (PS if you are a
current customer of Embarcadero and want to go to MOTS but haven't
registered yet for MOTS, email me and I can swing a discount for you)

I've also enjoyed RMOUG and plan on going this year.
Never been to UKOUG but sounds like another good one. I've heard great
feedback on UKOUG.

Best
Kyle Hailey
http://db-optimizer.blogspot.com/