Re: Re : How RMAN restore control file from tape?

> I have got a question reg. this scenario. Can someone clarify please ?
> When we say (in case of all control files lost) :
>
> RMAN> set dbid 4026107299
> RMAN> restore controlfile from autobackup;
>
> From where will RMAN come to know about the location of control file backup ?

Hi Prem,

It looks for the default autobackup location ($ORACLE_HOME/dbs for
9i/Unix for backups to disks). Otherwise you have to specify the
location that was used when overriding this default location.
That's why it's not a very good idea to not keep the default location
in the persistant configuration (unless you're not comfortable with
having backups under ./dbs)

Jerome