From: LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, January 21, 2010 5:45:53 PM
Subject: Re: Raw Logical Partition on AIX for OCR

You can use AIX's LVM to create smaller partitions

Thanks

--
LSC

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had to build a 10g RAC where I got 50G OCR/Voting Disk Physical Luns from SAN
team with the note that they cannot carved anything less than that in SAN. Is
it possible that I can create 1G Partition from each of them and use them so
that I can back them easily especially Voting Disk or so. Environment is AIX.
If anybody can share the experience. Using Physical LUN as it is not an issue.
It is EMC storage.