From: Alex List [mailto:alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2011 2:05 PM
To: Baumgartel, Paul
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Rac-Standalone info view

Is there another way to get these values through a view or something
(select) ??

My application will connect and then verify preferably by "select" if
its a Cluster or Standalone DB.

Thanks.
Alex

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 16:52, <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

        Instance parameters cluster_database and
cluster_database_instances will tell you:

        SQL> show parameter cluster

        NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
        ------------------------------------ ----------- -----
        cluster_database                     boolean     TRUE
        cluster_database_instances           integer     3
        cluster_interconnects                string

        Paul Baumgartel
        UBS AG
        IB Accounting Solutions
        400 Atlantic Street