worthof backups?

From: "Pal, Raj" <Raj.Pal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ryan,

?Redundancy = 4? should ensure that your controlfile retains metadata knowledge
of 4 backups of the specified type.  If you want to ensure that you don?t lose
this info though, I would strongly recommend that you use a catalog database
(just in case you lose your controlfile(s)? and should be used if your instance
is mission critical).  Since it doesn?t sound like you are using a catalog db,
I also suggest that you use ?controlfile copy? versus controlfile backups (or
in addition to at a minimum).

Regardless of catalog database usage? make lots of controlfile copies on
different disks? often.  And? be sure that you have enough mountpoint space for
your expandable controlfiles.  If control_file_record_keep_time > 0, it will
expand when needed.  And if you?re asking your controlfiles to retain 4 backups
worth of knowledge, depending on db size, backup frequency, amount of redo,
etc? these controlfiles may get large.

Raj.