Re: RMAN restore into nearly full file system

  • From: David Roberts <big.dave.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:59:14 +0100

NB, files other than tempfiles can become sparse, although not under normal
operation and oracle doesn't support databases that include sparse files.

Essentially it would take the intervention of an operating system command
that produced sparse files (like backup and restore on AIX).

If you have any of the pre-restore files available, then run ls -al and du
against the files to see if the space occupied on disk (du) matches the size
of the file (ls -l).

Dave