Re: RMAN report

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:43:09 -0700

On 4/12/07, Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <
Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   export NLS_DATE_FORMAT='mm/dd/yyyy hh24:mi:ss'

rman …..

list backup recoverable;
Will list all backups with the checkpoint times for each backup.

Thanks Tom, that has all the files, but not quite what I am looking for.

At some time in the past while mucking about in RMAN I ran a report
or script that would, given a particular recovery time, list all the files
(and only those files) needed to restore and recover the database.

I should tell you to go and read a Perl book!

Not sure that woiuld help right now.

Though that does remind me that I need to check this out:
http://www.polarisdb.com/rman.htm

--
Jared Still