RMAN recovery through missing datafile (but all archivelogs)

  • From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:42:08 -0500

Hi All,

We have a situation where we are trying to a point in time restore a PRD
database to the test system.  Unfortunately the only RMAN full backup we have
prior to the point in time does not include a datafile that was added to the
PRD database.  For example

FULL RMAN backup------------(datafile added to DB)------------- Restore to this
point-------- Most recent restore

The PRD database is in archivelog mode and we have all of the archivelogs, so I
am guessing there should be a way to still restore this system to TST

Does the list have any insight on how best to do this?

Thanks