Re: RMAN question(s)

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:16:18 +0300

We are doing it the same here, BUT:
After the backup finished we do 'sql archive log current';
and then again a backup of all archive logs 'backup (archivelog all ....)'
so we have a backup of all the files needed for restore.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Sweetser, Joe wrote:
Hi all -

I inherited an RMAN environment and discovered something doing test
restores to a different server that I would like to bounce off those
smarter than I.  The current backups do a "backup database", "crosscheck
archivelog all", and then a "backup archivelog until time 'SYSDATE'
delete input".  This runs every night with no other backups.