From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Allen, Brandon
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 5:04 PM
To: robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: RMAN question(s)

Just an update on this - after running the compressed backups on this
database and another one for 3 weeks now, they are consistently running
much faster than before the compression - a little less than half the
time they used to take, and the size of the backups is consistently
reduced by about 87%.  Pretty nice, thanks for the tip Robert!

Now to test the restores before I implement on my production database .
. .