RE: RMAN media manager

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-db-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-rdbms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:53:58 -0700

I use NetBackup.  There are definite performance issues over the network
and we have a really low end drive.  I am in the process of switching to
backups to disk and letting mmnp backup the files created by RMAN.  My
initial testing is this is much faster than going straight to tape.

--
Ron Reidy
Lead DBA