Re: RMAN impact

  • From: "David Sharples" <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cosmini@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:19:38 +0100

The answer is 'it depends'

you will either have 'no impact', 'some impact' or a 'huge impact'

depends on your backup type, hardware, version, all sorts of things.

Have you any evidence to suggest that the backup is causing a problem?

there is also nothing run with full backups, unless on 10g they will take
less time and therefore lessen any impact anyway

On 18/10/06, cosmin ioan <cosmini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hello again, I don't have any real-world experience with RMAN but I'm contending w/ the DBA who says running backups through RMAN, **every day**, for 10 hours, does not impact our production performance. Never-you-mind that these backups are *full backups*